The 25 Top-Rated Backup Cameras for Safe Maneuvering in Any Vehicle
What makes the best backup camera? The answer depends on you.
Backup cameras swing from standard to fully-featured – and their prices do, too. On our list, you’ll find wireless cameras that are simple to install, cameras with built-in parking assistance, cameras that can be placed forward-facing or rear-view (aka backup), and even cameras that integrate with your GPS system and screen.
At the end of the day, the most important question is: What do you need from your backup camera? What kind of car do you drive? And, what features do you need from your system?
Read on for the details:
Cover all your blind spots with this backup camera from Noiposi. The generously sized, 4.3” LCD monitor offers the ideal 135º view – wide enough to see what you need, but not so wide as to distort the image – and is waterproof grade IP67, which means your camera will always work, rain or shine. What’s more, the infrared night vision automatically switches on at night or in dark conditions, such as a parking garage.
- 4.3” TFT LCD rear-view monitor with 135º wide-angle view and 480×272 resolution
- Ultra-low power consumption with 12V power system
- 1-year warranty
This full backup camera system from YUWEI is ideally suited to any vehicle up to 80 feet in length. We appreciate the suction-cup bracket, which allows you to install your camera wherever you prefer it, as well as the zinc camera case, which is more durable than standard plastic. What’s more, the upgraded digital wireless system ensures no interference, for the highest definition and best quality image.
- Easy installation
- Withstands tough environments: waterproof rated up to IP69, anti-vibration, and anti-corrosion
- 30-Day Money Back Guarantee + 24-Month Replacement Warranty + Lifetime Support Guarantee
This multifunction car camera is extremely versatile, offering front/side view, reverse camera function, and even as a hidden surveillance camera. It’s extremely easy to install – it’ll take just minutes – and made of high-performance materials, for lasting durability. As a backup camera, this one may not feature all the bells and whistles, but it’s one of the easiest to install and best-priced on the market today.
- Multifunction camera accommodates front/side view, reverse camera, or surveillance camera
- Simple installation
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed
The M1W wireless backup camera kit from AUTO-VOX is more than a standard backup camera; it doubles as a wireless parking assistance system. What’s more, it’s completely wireless – there’s nary a wire in sight – so it’s easy to install and mount the camera to your existing license plate. The 360º rotation bracket means you can mount the monitor exactly how you’d like.
- Completely wireless – no complicated cable routing
- 4.3” LCD rearview monitor with IP 67 Waterproof Transmitter
- 6 High Brightness LEDs + 26 lumen for single LED, with automatic on/off
Drive safer at night, with this reversing backup camera from eRapta. High-quality materials, including a waterproof rubber ring and IP69 waterproof-rated materials, help build a backup camera that works in all weather conditions. The 149º “perfect” viewing angle offers the widest view possible without distorting the image, and the auto-lighting LED lights help ensure the clearest and brightest image possible.
- 149º “Golden” Angle for wide view with no distortion
- Waterproof rated to IP69
- 2-year factory warranty + 24-hour customer service
If you’re looking for an easy-to-install backup camera system, this budget-friendly option from LeeKooLuu might do just the trick. Offering standard features, including a 135º viewing angle, 7-LED infrared night vision, and a nicely sized 4.3” LCD display, you’ll like this camera as much for what it has as what it doesn’t: wires. Powered via a single connection to your cigarette lighter, fuse box, or other power source, the system functions wirelessly.
- 4.3” LCD display with 135º viewing angle
- Waterproof rated to IP67
- 2-year warranty and tech support
For drivers seeking flexibility in their backup camera installation, this kit from Pyle offers plenty of options. You can mount your camera and monitor exactly where you need them, and the oversize LCD display monitor also includes a windshield mount for ideal placement, based on your vehicle and your seat position. We also like the 170º wide viewing angle – about the largest and widest in the industry.
- Dashboard mountable: car backup camera and backup camera monitor are mountable
- Marine-grade waterproof construction: IP-67 water resistant and fog resistant
- Accurate distance scale line display, to ensure proper parking and reversing
If you want to spot anything from discarded bikes to the tiniest critters behind your car, this rear-view camera and mirror monitor kit from LeeKooLuu might be just the trick. The waterproof camera is equipped with infrared night vision, so you can drive safely, no matter the weather or light conditions. We also love that the camera is easy to install on the license plate and that the LCD monitor fits easily onto your dashboard.
- Very easy installation, powered from a single power source (e.g. fuse box or cigarette lighter)
- 4.3″ LCD display with 135° viewing angle
- 1-year warranty
TVIRD’s rear-view car camera with backup function is a fully-featured system, with night and day infrared cameras and 6 high-brightness LEDs. The digital, high-definition image processor ensures superior night vision, while the IP67 waterproof standard keeps your backup camera working, rain or shine. We also appreciate the easy installation, which eliminates cables and complex wiring in exchange for a wireless transmitter.
- 4.3” TFT LCD screen is foldable and portable
- 135º viewing angle and night vision
- Rear-view parking camera is waterproof, weatherproof and anti-shock
Forget the $200 installation; this wireless backup camera from AUTO-VOX is easy to install on your own. With 6 high-brightness LEDs and an IP68 waterproof rating, this backup system works well in all weather and light conditions. What’s more, the system connects to your car’s cigarette lighter or charger, so you won’t need to worry about hard-wiring to a power supply, either.
- Wireless design for easy DIY installation
- IP68 waterproof standard
- Image automatically appears when you put the car in reverse
Another option from AUTO-VOX, the M6 dash cam with backup function offers versatile features and easy installation. The touch-screen interface is easy to navigate and the camera produces high-quality HD images, both day and night, thanks to 6 LED lights. We love the built-in motion-detection, which automatically switches on and records, as soon as it detects something (like a car) moving within 3 meters of your vehicle.
- Touch-screen operation
- Full-HD screen promises clear picture, both day and night
- Easy installation with snap-on to your existing rear-view mirror
This wired backup camera from eRapta offers super-powerful night vision, thanks to 18 infrared lights that keep your picture clear, even in the darkest conditions. What’s more, it offers a 130º viewing angle, waterproof camera, and CMOS sensor, as well as high-quality features like aircraft-grade wire and a 50-foot camera extension cord for the ultimate in flexible installation.
- Fully waterproof with IP69K rating
- 5.0 mm aircraft-grade cable for stable video and longer life
- 2-year factory warranty + lifetime support via 24/7 customer service
This backup camera and monitor kit from ZSMJ is both high quality and durable, with an IP68 waterproof rating 7 LED infrared night vision, 135º viewing angle, and 4.3” LCD display monitor with a high-definition image for great image quality. What’s more, the system is easy to install and is powered via a single source – for example, your running lights or cigarette lighter.
- Single power supply (e.g. radio or cigarette lighter) for super easy installation
- 4.3” LCD display monitor, waterproof rated IP67
- Lower power consumption to prevent overheating
This upgraded, digital wireless camera system from YUWEI offers superior image quality with no interference – only high-definition image with a wireless transmission distance up to 150 feet in an open area. We appreciate the steady signal, which stays smooth and clear, even at speeds up to 70mph. What’s more, the zinc materials have anti-vibration and anti-corrosion qualities; paired with the waterproof rating up to IP69, this is a durable system of great quality.
- 4.3’’ wireless mirror monitor with built-in wireless receiver module
- Withstands tough environments: waterproof rate up to IP69, anti-vibration and anti-corrosion
- 30-day money-back guarantee + 24-month replacement warranty + lifetime support guarantee
Offering a crystal-clear, oversized 7” digital TFT LCD color monitor with mirror image capability, this backup camera system from DALLUX is built for heavy-duty vehicles, including trucks. The Sony 1/3 color CCD 650TVL backup camera promises a 130º viewing angle and 50-foot infrared night vision, plus a waterproof rating of IP69K for anytime, anywhere function. We also like the auto-dimming feature, which adjusts to ambient light.
- Ultra-wide 130º viewing angle ensures a complete view with no blind spots
- 18 infra-red lights for a viewing distance up to 50ft
- Completely waterproof with an IP69K rating
This backup camera system from Rear View Safety offers high-quality features, including 18 infrared lights that enable vision up to 50 feet, even in total darkness. It also offers an IP69K waterproof rating, large 7” display and 130º viewing angle, plus a multiplexer that controls the camera view, flipping between mirror image and normal image – use either as a forward-facing camera or backup camera.
- Oversize 7” digital TFT LCD rear-view color monitor with universal mount
- 18 infra-red lights allow rear viewing up to 50 feet, even in total darkness
- Completely waterproof with an IP69K rating
The Esky EC180-19 offers an upgrade to the EC180-18, with a backup system designed to aid in reversing your car, even in the darkest of night. The high-definition color CCD screen is adjustable to 180º, providing a large viewing field that can help eliminate blind spots behind you. (Plus, once you mount it on your vehicle, it almost invisible.) And, with IP67 weatherproof ability, your camera is guaranteed to work in all weather conditions.
- Easy to install – no drilling required
- 180° viewing angle with a 45º adjustable lens for greater situational awareness
- 2 flat-white LED lights + night-vision capabilities
The Garmin BC 30 wireless backup camera pairs with a compatible GPS navigator, to help you spot pedestrians, animals, vehicles, and other obstructions behind your vehicle. You can choose to wire it to constant power, which allows you to toggle between GPS navigation display and backup image, while the camera’s wireless transmitter sends continuous video to your display’s receiver, which may be mounted up to 45 feet away.
- Professional installation recommended
- Compatible with the Garmin Nuvi
- 1-year consumer limited warranty
This waterproof, rear-view backup camera from Yanees offers a universal mount to fit any vehicle. We love how small the camera is – it’s almost invisible, once installed – and that it’s also sturdy and tightly constructed, making it virtually waterproof; your camera will never fog up after a carwash or on a rainy day. Even better, easy installation ensures you’ll be up and running in just a few minutes.
- Step-by-step instructions for easy installation
- So small, it’s inconspicuous to the point of being almost invisible
- 100% risk-free purchase + 18-month warranty
This license plate-mounted backup camera from SVTCAM is easy to install and even easier to operate, with a stylish design that will fit right into your car’s modern lines. We appreciate that you can choose between front-view or rear-view, depending on your needs, and that the camera provides a crystal-clear picture, even in tough weather conditions, thanks to an IP68 waterproof rating.
- Wide-angle display with resolution of 420 TV lines and 628 X 586 pixels
- IP68 waterproof for use in any type of weather
- 12-month replacement warranty and lifetime support guarantee
This rear backup camera from Coolwoo is high powered, with 18 infrared lights to ensure superior visibility, even in the darkest conditions. It’s also IP67 waterproof rated, which means this system works well rain or shine, while the high-definition digital display screen, aviation cable (better anti-interference and signal transference), and CCD camera ensure high-quality image.
- Made for heavy-duty vehicles: truck, bus, motor home, coach, forklift, etc.
- 18 infrared LED lights for superior night vision
- IP67 waterproof for use in any type of weather
This wireless backup camera system from Accfly offers wireless parking assistance, a 7” TFT LCD full-color widescreen monitor, and built-in wireless receiver. The result is a high-resolution image with 18 individual infrared LED lights for superior night vision, and function that synchronously displays video from your rear camera, as you back up your vehicle. No more blind spots!
- Easy to install
- IP-69 marine grade waterproof to combat bad weather
- 1-year warranty with 100% customer satisfaction
From VEIPAO comes this car backup system, with 8 high-brightness white LEDs for high-definition night vision and high-resolution, all-day visibility. The camera also offers a 170º wide viewing angle, so you can check all your normally-unseen blind spots, as well as IP68 waterproof design, so you can use your backup camera in rain, shine, or even snow. The universal butterfly mount can be installed in any 12V car.
- 8 LED lights offer superior night vision
- IP67 waterproof and dustproof, with 6.8G shockproof protection
- Universal mount is compatible with all 12V cars
The Coolwoo backup camera comes set as a rear-view camera with [optional] guide line, to eliminate not only your car’s blind spots, but also to make reversing easier and safer. The system is very easy to install, with no drilling necessary: just mount on your license plate and you’re ready to go. The waterproof camera is also equipped with 13 LEDs and a wide viewing angle, to help you see wider and longer, even at night.
- 4.3” LCD screen with 480×272 pixel resolution
- 170º lens angle with 480 TV lines resolution
- 1-year warranty with a 31-day money-back guarantee
This rear-view mirror dash camera from AUTO-VOX offers a larger-than-standard 4.3-inch HD IPS screen, to offer a clearer and wider view than most backup camera systems. We like the auto-dimming and anti-glare feature, which detects oncoming light before a glare appears – an important safety feature, especially when driving at night. We also appreciate the parking assistance system, which automatically switches to the backup image to display the parking space line.
- Built-in 4.3”, full HD 800×480 IPS screen with wide-angle view
- Auto-dimming, anti-glare display detects oncoming light way before glare appears
- Parking Assistance System for easy & safe parking